My Favorite Kitchen Essentials!
Hey guys! So I’m going to switch things up for now and head into a home style kind of post! I moved into my house almost four months ago and the only post I’ve really done about it was an aggressively positive post about doing dishes! I’ve never really given you guys a glance at it, mainly, because it’s pretty messy and I’m trying so hard to get it under control (again, see this post). I’ve collected some amazing things I have in my kitchen that I am so excited to share with you guys!
Disclaimer: the links provided are affiliate links and I do make a small commission when readers click through and make a purchase. Money will never sway my opinion and you can count on honest opinions! Affiliate links keep Life With Cattitude independently running so thanks for your support!
- My espresso maker and espresso! Okay guys, this has become far and away my favorite thing in the kitchen to date! My wonderful sister sensed my desire to be able to make espresso drinks at home because I spent a FORTUNE on them in Boston. So, she bought me this stuff for Christmas! With very regular use, this machine is still running perfectly! I still haven’t learned how to steam and froth the milk yet, but that’s because I’m still learning how to make the PERFECT frothy drink. I’m a black coffee drinker regularly and after a horribly made latte in Boston it’s really hard to want to drink mostly hot milk with a dollop of espresso. I’ll get there though!
- My Keurig and traditional coffeepot! I have gone back and forth on these gadgets depending on how busy I am. If it’s just me running out the door for work, I’ll pop myself a quick K-cup in and make my own cup. But, if it’s Travis and me in for the weekend, we make our pot of coffee so we don’t waste all the K-cups! Those suckers are EXPENSIVE. We will sometimes splurge on these little mixer packs of different flavors if we have extra cash. We are a coffee-loving power couple and that will never change!
- My chef’s cutting board! I don’t chop a lot of food for my recipes, but when I do, I love having a nice sturdy cutting board that won’t move. I also love that it has a divet around the edge so meat juices don’t spill onto the counter! Even if you don’t do a LOT of chopping, it’s nice to have a good board for when you do!
- My blender! My cousins got a lot of kitchen gadgets when they got married. They gifted this blender to me as a hand-me-down, and it’s amazing! After five years, it still works just as well as it did! I use it to blend my smoothie, make an occasional iced coffee, and more recently, my cauliflower soup! It can do lots more, but those are my main uses. Such a good investment!
- My knife set! I don’t care who you are, you need at least one or two decent knives in your kitchen. Good knives save lives, as my dad says. You are statistically more likely to hurt yourself with a DULL knife than a sharp knife! No, I’m not saying you need to go out and buy a set of knives that cost more than rent, but one or two decent knives like these can really help in the long run! Bonus points if you get a good sharpener so you can be proactive in prolonging their lifespan!
- My Brita pitcher! I honestly don’t know how I’ve gone so long without one. I used to think that people who had these were stuck-up snobs. My eyes have been opened to the glory of filtered water! It tastes so good!
I hope everyone has a great week!