Well, we are officially close to the second month of the new year! Can you guys believe it?? We finally made it through January! It’s been cold, it’s been cloudy and dark, and I’ve been looking for lots of low carb soup recipes! Enter this wonderful recipe! I love soup in the winter. It’s warm and comforting and super easy on the days when I come home from work and don’t feel like cooking. But since I’m trying to cut back on my carbs, I needed more low carb recipes. And this recipe perfectly fits the bill! The best part is it’s MAYBE 30 minutes of prep for soup all week! Give it a try at least once in your life, you won’t be sorry!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 32 oz chicken broth
- Half a red onion, minced (I used powder)
- Minced garlic (I used powder)
- Olive oil
- 1 package uncured ham chunks
- Cheddar cheese (not pictured)
- Saute the minced onion in whatever amount of oil seems fine to you. If you’re following keto, do whatever you have to do to fit your macros.
- While the onion is cooking, chop the entire head of cauliflower. Don’t throw the stems away!
- Toss the chopped cauliflower in a large stock pot with the chicken broth.
Shout out to Travis for being a good sport and helping!
- Bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Carefully transfer everything to a blender and blend lightly (I used my Bella blender in small portions).
- Transfer the blended mixture back into the pot and pour in the ham chunks. Let simmer for about 10 more minutes to let the ham heat up. Toss in about a cup of cheddar cheese at this point, too.
I have just come to really love this soup. I’ve already had it three times this month! I even had my mom try it without telling her it was cauliflower. She swore up and down that it was potato soup! It’s all the comfort of potato soup but it’s kinder on your waistline!
Shout out if you give this recipe a try!
Original recipe inspired by Yummy Healthy Easy.