So with the exception of almost ten years, I’ve lived in the greater Atlanta area all my life. A grand total of 8 different town districts. I’ve been moving a lot lately, I’m very tired. However, having lived here a long time, I get asked frequently by friends coming to the city where are the best places to eat for date night. For a while, I would say I didn’t know, but now I’ve been able to compile a list of places I’ve been that I would highly recommend for date night!
Given wherever you are in or around the city, cost can vary, but I’ll make sure to let you know!
Date Night Spots
- Public School 404 – classy bar in West Midtown Atlanta. GREAT place for brunch but I’m sure could be a nice night out! Fairly pricey
- Cyprus – a somewhat nice pub that my best friend and I visited numerous times when I’d go see her in the city. Bartenders are super nice and the food is good for bar food! Affordable
- Fogo de Chao – an amazing but EXPENSIVE Brazilian steakhouse in Buckhead (just north of the city) that Travis and I went to for his company Christmas party. Funny story, I had just been let go as a temp with no warning and I surprised all the bosses when I showed up. Nonetheless, an AMAZING date night location, but save it for something super special, unless you’re rolling in dat $$$!
- Luigi’s Slice of Italy – great and affordable local pizza joint right across from Mall of Georgia!
- La Cazuela – just your standard typical American Mexican restaurant, but still a great affordable place to go!
- Antico – an absolutely amazing pizza place at the Suntrust Battery at the baseball field, but a bit pricey. A great place to sit and have a slice and a beer before a game!
- U-Joint – also known as Universal Joint, this is such a cute bar in Lawrenceville, where I used to live right after college and before Michigan. The owner bought out an old mechanic’s shop and kept the roll-up doors. Great food, good prices for drinks, cornhole for days! Great place for a chill Friday night!
- Crossroads – a nice grille-type restaurant with the BEST fried mac and cheese I’ve ever had in my life! 10/10, not too pricey!
While I’m in my debt-free journey, I probably won’t be eating out so much so I won’t be able to add to the list in the immediate future. But whenever I do, rest assured, I will be adding to the list!